• Who said beauty can be achieved only by spending a fortune on cosmetic products? If you feel so, then let me tell you one thing that it is a big mistake. Cosmetic products can be harsh on the skin as well as heavy on the pocket.
• So I urge everyone to go natural to get gorgeous to save some money and your delicate skin too. Nature has a wonderful product in its kitty which can go a long way in beautifying you naturally. Yes, I am talking about tomato which is a huge reservoir of beauty-enhancing properties. The good news is that you can easily get it in your kitchen larder.
• This article has come up with the best 11 beauty benefits of tomato. All these beauty uses of tomatoes are very easy to use. Read on to know how to use tomato juice in your beauty applications.
Beauty benefits of tomato
1. You can use tomato juice to shrink the open pores of your face. Combine 2 -4 drops of lemon juice with one spoon of tomato juice. Apply it on your face and keep it on for 15 minutes. Next, rinse it off with lukewarm water to shrink the open pores.
2. Mash a tomato and spread its pulp evenly on your face. Keep it on your skin for one hour before rinsing off. Finish off with a good moisturizer. Your acne will lessen after regular use. Tomato has cooling properties to soothe the skin and astringent properties to absorb the excess oil from the face, which help in lessening the acne.
3. Cut a tomato in half and press into blackheads. Rinse off and follow with moisturizer. Rubbing tomato slices on blackheads is a top-time tested home remedy for curing ugly blackheads of the face.
4. Take out the juice of a tomato and blend its juice with cucumber juice. Afterwards, dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on your face daily. This preparation controls the oiliness of your face and keep acne at bay.
5. Mix 2 spoons of tomato juice with 4 spoons of buttermilk. Apply it on your skin. Wash off after 30 minutes. Try this home remedy to heal and soothe your sunburnt skin. It is said that the nutrient lycopene found in tomato shields the skin from the harmful ultra-violet rays.
6. If your skin is raw, burnt,irritated, and dull, then tomato and yogurt mask can be a rescue to your lacklustre skin. Apply tomato juice mixed with yogurt on the skin and rinse off after 20 minutes with lukewarm water. Yogurt imparts a healthy shine and protein boost to the skin and tomato neutralizes the skin’s surface while cooling the skin.
7. Apply tomato juice and honey on your face and let it dry for 15 minutes before washing off. This home remedy works very well in giving you a fair and glowing complexion. Tomato is bursting with the power of vitamin A and C, which help to brighten the dull skin. So, enjoy the benefits of applying tomato on your face by using this home remedy.
8. Just eat a tomato in the morning to lose the unwanted and ungainly fat deposited in your body. You can drink tomato juice also twice a day to reduce weight. You can drink tomato juice just ten minutes before you eat to reduce the appetite. It surely works because it stops the fermentation and rotting in the intestines. Through fermentation sugar and alcohol is created in our body that leads to weight-gain.
9. Just apply tomato juice or tomato slices on your hair to increase the natural PH of your hair and get back its natural colour. Tomato is a natural conditioner that gives the hair a natural shine.
10. Apply tomato pulp on your dandruff-infested scalp for 30 minutes and then wash off with shampoo to treat dandruff.
11. Mix tomato juice with avocado to make a wonderful cleansing mask for the combination skin. Avocado’s hydrating and antiseptic properties mixed with tomato’s astringent power do wonders for the combination skin.